- ‘Orders from Above’ is a book that will keep you entertained from the first to the last page! It is impossible not to become involved with the characters in this strange, but beautiful, village of Ham-under-Lymfold – I desperately wanted to help Lorelei on the one hand, at the same time as give the mean-hearted Violet Cattermole a good talking to on the other! I also loved the sibling rivalry between Gabe and Nick, who stole the show for me!
- A lovely story full of well-defined characters and very original ttake on the archangel hierarchy. I found myself wanting to spend as much time as possible in Ham-Under-Lymfold, the quaint little village in which Gabriel and Lucifer set about renovating a mill into a restaurant while they decide who to tempt into a range of virtues and sins, all to a mysterious and innovative end.
- The author leads us through a witty and often hilarious tale, with perfectly crafted characters who become very real to us, lead by the wonderful Nick and Gabe. An intelligent and insightful study of human behaviours, beautifully written, leaves us wanting more from this excellent new author.
- A breath of fresh air – I highly recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys a great read with a wickedly funny plot.
- J M Forrest writes with a great wit and insightfulness of human behaviour – you just want to keep turning the pages to find out what happens next.
- This story is charming and amusing, … not a story to give you the creeps despite its quirky twist on the idea of good versus evil. If you are looking for a good read with lots of feel-good factor and warm humour this book is for you.